Matthew Kirk, formerly of Access Financial Markets, knows that “wellness” is not just a buzzword, nor is it healthcare industry jargon. He knows that wellness is something we all ought take seriously—including employers and employees alike. Our culture is coming, more and more, to recognize the adverse implications of a sedentary or unhealthy lifestyle. As such, wellness is receiving greater respect than ever before.
Indeed, it is becoming more widely recognized that encouraging wellness in the workplace is a smart business practice. The potential benefits are numerous. Employees stand to experience each of the following:
• Fewer sick days due to sickness or injury
• Increased energy and productivity while at work
• Heightened alertness during the day
• Better moods and sunnier dispositions
Matthew Kirk’s company, Benecon, exemplifies what it means to take wellness seriously. Employers who partner with Benecon are advised to promote wellness among their own employees. Through relatively minor lifestyle modifications, these employees will see immense benefits in their overall health and fitness. Meanwhile, the employer will benefit from having employees who miss less work time, and are more productive when they are on the job.
Matthew Kirk, formerly of Access Financial Markets, now President of The Benecon Group, provides some examples from Benecon’s “B. Well” Program:
• B. Informed, a newsletter offering general wellness tips
• B. Active, which basically entails advice from Benecon on ways to add activity into any lifestyle
• B. Nutritious, recipes and dining suggestions that are fun, tasty, and healthy
• B. Relaxed, innovative and easy programs to help mitigate stress
• B. Linked, links to helpful information and websites regarding wellness and overall physical fitness
Remember that wellness is not just about diet and exercise. It is a lifestyle. It is a way to live, minimizing stress and other unhealthy influences. Using this approach to wellness, Benecon hopes to help employers and their employees improve their lifestyles and become healthier.
Matthew Kirk Provides Stress Reduction Tips
Stress is, quite literally, a killer. It can lead to a wide range of health complications, including even serious incidents as strokes. The hectic, fast-paced lifestyles we all tend to live do nothing to help mitigate this stress. However, there are some basic steps anyone can follow to minimize the stress they experience in their lives:
• Preparation; having a specific plan of action alleviates fear of the unknown
• Repetition; performing an action repeatedly can help with relaxation
• Activity; exercise can help reduce stress
• Music; melodies have the power to soothe
• Reflection; remembering past successes can offer assurances for the future
• Laughter; laughing is another great stress reducer
Matthew Kirk and the Benecon team are zealous to help cultivate a wellness culture in any business or organization. Matthew Kirk, formerly of Access Financial Markets, believes in the Benecon wellness programs so much that he uses it in his own, personal life. Matthew Kirk knows that stress reduction and healthy living are the keys to longevity.